Here are a few things that have caught my eye on the web this week and I thought might interest you as well!
- I'm considering a tour and a hike of the Wildlife Center of Virginia. They have treated more than 70,000 wild animals and also give rescue advice.
- Check out Brian Mertins' 7 Tips For Connecting Children With Nature. Brian says: "There's what happens outside in the moment of exploration, and then what happens in the mind of your student as they think & reflect on the experience". Brilliant!
- I just attended a great webinar on how to use web mapping technology for environmental education by Geographer Joseph Kerski. You can watch it here.
- Are you interested in a career involving the environment? Consider attending the National Wildlife Federation EcoCareer Conference February 22-23.
- Mark Tercek, President and CEO of The Nature Conservancy, will give a lecture at the National Aquarium on December 13. He will be discussing his science-based plan for getting on the path to sustainability. The event is free.
Don't forget to check out my calendar! I update it often with all sorts of outdoor activities, training, workshops and Master Naturalist events to help us find our 8 hours of advanced training!